Hello from the hills

fightingfree

Hello from the hills

Post by fightingfree » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:12 pm

Hello I go by the name Fighting Free, and hide in WV. I love to compose music of all styles, but most passionate about melodic punk rock. Its too hard to try to start a punk band around here so I've decided to do it all myself. I program drums and synths on the CPU or DS and record guitars bass and vocals with a line 6 guitarport. I enjoy the portability of using the KORG softwares, you can really get out in nature and create music with a real atmosphere around you instead of your bedroom etc. Hope someone here takes time to listen to the tunes I've blown my hearing out on for the last 5 years or so. Enjoy! I look forward to listening the other tunes everyones posted.

I have all my albums available for free download on the bandcamp site. I have 2 more that are going to be released soon, both have KORG DS-10+ and M01 songs on them and can't wait to share them with the world.

http://fightingfree.bandcamp.com/

AudioArtist

Re: Hello from the hills

Post by AudioArtist » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!!
I myself also lean towards incorporating the DS-10 into electronic/organic music.
However new or old school your experience with the DS-10 is you will find a staggering amount of tips, tricks, and insight to this "game" here. All I can say is that you've definitely found the right place if "mastering" this software is your goal.
I've yet to listen to any of your stuff, (as of right now), but since we share a common aspiration to incorporate DS-10 with outside instruments, I'd like to point you towards my settings/patches thread here on the forum. I think that you may find my drum sounds helpful and perhaps some of my quasi-guitar sounds, maybe not. The best fun about the DS-10 is creating the sounds first, and then using them in your compositions.
Also, I'm a carolina boy and I do NOT share the rediculous habit of making fun of WV. I personally love the state, scenery, and 90% of the good people I've met there.
So, enjoy the forum, I'm looking forward to hearing your stuff!
AudioArtist -gabriel