Hello, I Am EVE-X

iamEVE-X

Hello, I Am EVE-X

Post by iamEVE-X » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:06 am

Greetings, I Am EVE-X.

A few weeks ago I bought a GameBoy, With a flash cart and LSDJ, A friend then new I was into this stuff so he sold me his copy of the DS-10.

That is how EVE-X was born. Out of the love I have for combining video games and music.

I have also set up a little blog http://iamEVE-X.com

Which I want to try and blog regularly, All video game/ Music related, Just about my favourite games, thoughts on their soundtracks, Bit of nostalgia.

To be honest it will be mostly handheld gaming.

If I can completely master the DS-10, I will probably pick up the M01.
I would like to eventually do some tutorials as well, Just on how I approcah writing music with video game consoles. But i will wait until I understand a bit more myself.

Anyway here is my first song as EVE-X.

https://soundcloud.com/iameve-x/eve-x-mind-not-blown

Bit of a moombahton kind of jam.

Its a little rough, still experimenting.

If you find this interesting, Please Please bookmark my site, As well as like on and follow on sound cloud, It will honestly mean the world to me to know people are interested.

Thank you very much and I hope I get to know some of you as we travel on this journey of video game inspired music creation together.

Also If you want music to be promoted in any way, Please feel free to contact, I am always down to buy/download/listen new music made with the DS-10 and share it on my blog.

EVE-X

Cfgk24

Re: Hello, I Am EVE-X

Post by Cfgk24 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Welcome! :)
Btw, it's not all about video game music lol. :) some other genes too you can do on ds10.
You will need to master ds10 then ds10+ . . . Korg mo1 is all about arranging. It's very different to ds10.

Great to have your enthusiasm onboard!

iamEVE-X

Post by iamEVE-X » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Oh I don't mean "Video Game Music" as in music you hear in video games, I meant "Video Game Music" as in music made on a video game console. I know you can do more on the DS-10, My first song is a Moombahton inspired song. Moombahton is a derivative of Reggaeton and Dutch House. Its a dance tune.

But thankyou for the welcomes, I didn't know there was a DS-10+ thank you, its a must get.

EVE-X

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Lol. :) ds10+ has twice the tracks plus song mode is vastly improved by allowing you to mute tracks. Also song length can double! .
But, which country are you in? Ds10+ is region locked, and extra features only work on dsi or 3ds. For example if you have a US dsi plus ds10 + from US you are fine! :)

iamEVE-X

Post by iamEVE-X » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:26 am

Oh really, I am clueless as to what the DS-10+ was. My apologises. I am in Australia. Which is kind of hard to find this kind of stuff. So I am unsure as to what was released out here.

I will definitely get a DSi if the DS-10+ is out here in Au.

Thanks mate

Cfgk24

Post by Cfgk24 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:11 am

No worries mate! ;)

I am afraid you will have to import a US dsi console and a US ds10+ carr from the US.
:(. It is worth every cent and effort to do so. :)