Voyeur No More

Snakecharmer

Voyeur No More

Post by Snakecharmer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Greetings Everyone,

I’m a new member to this forum, infact this is the first forum I’ve been a part of, but while I may be new to all of you, you are certainly not new to me. I’ve been using all of your wonderful posts religiously for months now to teach myself not only how to use my DS-10 Plus, but also to educate myself in your styles and characteristic strengths that give each of you your sonic identities.
I chose to join this forum, because to me, a self-proclaimed music enthusiast to the nth degree, this community represents the future of music and an incubator for undiscovered raw talents. Let’s face it; the music industry is on its can, a sinking ship, the walking dead. Music is free. You can’t stop progress. You all are at the forefront of a musical revolution, the equipment is affordable and the product is free to own, the artist is faceless and the art is left to speak for itself. Stars may implode but sound is eternal.

So to all of you who took the time to contribute to a community and help to enlighten members and onlookers alike: the greatest of thanks.

A little about me:

I won my Nintendo DS as a corporate staff function and immediately knew what “game” I was going to get for it. It took some time to acquire as the DS-10 seems to be out of print, but since I got it, it’s been the only thing in my DS. Fact. To me, the DS is not a toy or game console, it’s an instrument, and I hope to utilize it to its full potential.

I’m a guitar player and have been playing in bands for about half a decade. Guitar isn’t the penultimate instrument in my opinion but its accessibility offered me an outlet for my expression and an inlet to the world of collaborative music as well as the foundation of reference to musical theory. That being said, every song I write on my DS-10 is first written on the guitar.

I’ve been doing some recording of my material, with many thanks to those of you who explained how to go about doing this, but none of it is yet ready to be showcased. As I’ve been learning, recording is easy, mixing is a fickle pickle.

I’m Canadian.

So I’ll leave it at that and throw out my first question:
How do I go about obtaining the Korg M01 in Canada?

Thanks a bunch,

A Fan.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Remix it.

DS-10 Dominator
Site Admin

Re: Voyeur No More

Post by DS-10 Dominator » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Thanks for your story :).

Your best bet for M01 is ebay.
soundcloud.com/auxpulse soundcloud.com/ds10dominator

Syscrusher

Post by Syscrusher » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 am

Nice essay. Share your music with us soon.

Where in Canada are you?

QauNuckShin

Post by QauNuckShin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:54 am

Welcome!

Looking forward to see what you've learned from spying on us. ;)
QauNuckShin // Snild Dolkow
Purist - single-take, single DS-10, no editing.
Author of the DS-10 Manager application.
http://dolkow.se/music, https://www.facebook.com/snilddolkow

Snakecharmer

Post by Snakecharmer » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:30 pm

DS-10 Dominator wrote:Thanks for your story :).

Your best bet for M01 is ebay.
Thanks! I’ll check eBay; I was trying Amazon but couldn’t figure out how to convert my Canadian dollars to Yen.
Syscrusher wrote:Nice essay. Share your music with us soon.

Where in Canada are you?
Haha, thanks, I guess it is a little formal.
I’m a little finicky so it can be hard for me to feel good about a finished product, but maybe I can just bang off a sampler so I’ve got something to contribute.

Currently I’m in Calgary, Alberta. But I was made in northern B.C. with Newfoundland parts, haha. :D
QauNuckShin wrote:Welcome!

Looking forward to see what you've learned from spying on us. ;)
Haha, yeah, I’m looking forward to showing it. I need to get one of those USB adaptors to empty my cart as it’s full and I’m finding it too hard to kill my darlings and save over the older work with new stuff. But when I look back on the first track I created they’re laughable compared to now, and I’m only yet scratching the surface of what the DS-10 is capable of.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Remix it.